Doctor Web releases Dr.Web CureNet! beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by SergM, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SergM

SergM Registered Member

Doctor Web releases Dr.Web CureNet! beta

August 10, 2009

The Russian anti-virus vendor Doctor Web releases the beta version of its new anti-virus product Dr.Web CureNet! The new program is designed to perform centralized scanning and curing on workstations and servers running MS Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/Windows 7.

Dr.Web CureNet! is a centrally managed anti-virus aiming to serve as a an anti-virus security enhancement for companies that maintain their anti-virus protection using software from other vendors. Dr.Web CureNet! will come to the rescue in a critical situation if your anti-virus is unable to detect malware or can’t neutralize it.

Dr.Web CureNet! scanner software is distributed between hosts in the network. After that scanners are launched (without installation) on target workstations and servers, perform necessary actions and remove themselves. Dr.Web CureNet! doesn’t require a running server or any additional software and can be launched from any removable data-storage device such as USB-flash drive. Even an inexperienced system administrator can work with Dr.Web CureNet!

Doctor Web welcomes all users willing to participate in the beta-testing of Dr.Web CureNet!. In order to take part in the testing you need to register.

http://news.drweb.com/show/?i=423&c=5&lng=en

2. quanzi_1507

quanzi_1507 Registered Member

Some screenshots:

Attached Files:

3. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

Spotting some very pretty icons there, looking forward to see a GUI in the same style in the 'full' Dr. Web.

4. quanzi_1507

quanzi_1507 Registered Member

Yeah right, I'd love that :thumb: Current Dr.Web Scanner GUI sucks :thumbd:

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I like it.:thumb:

6. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

seems like a step forward for Dr.Web. i like the idea and very good for multiple home comps wer certain family members might not do scanning on their own :D

7. andylau

andylau Registered Member

The GUI is quite pretty. If the v5 has this GUI later, I think all drweb users will happy.:D

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  8. NobleT

NobleT Registered Member

nice GUI,meanwhile i hope its synthesized performance can also make breakthrough

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  9. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

1 question. does this have a REAL Quarantine?

10. SergM

SergM Registered Member

Job process:
    - All necessary files correspond in admin's share by the remote machine (\%Windows %\Temp \<a folder with any name>);
    - Are put under protection;
    - Scanning in the latent mode (without the graphic interface) with the specified options is started;
    - In the same folder log of job of service by the remote machine (<any name>.log) is generated;
    - The found out infected and suspicious objects move to a folder: %ALLUSERSPROFILE %\DoctorWeb\CureNet\Quarantine;
    - The log of job of the scanner is created in a folder: %ALLUSERSPROFILE %\DoctorWeb\CureNet\

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.