Doc Scrubber... Danger possible ?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by squash, Aug 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squash

squash Guest

Is it possible to accidentally wreck or delete a DOC file, by using Doc Scrubber are there any instances of that ever happening... and in short what are chances of that happening In your opinion... numbers would do...

I am scared that using Doc Scrubber might ruin my precious word documents when i am working on an essay, project or something... and is there any chance that Doc Scrubber can delete the same type of information from .ppt (powerpoint) and .xls (excel) documents too ?....

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

The default option in Doc Scrubber is actually to maintain a backup copy of scrubbed files - the scrubbed version will be "<original file name>-SCRUBBED.doc".

Thus, if any problem ever occurs during scrubbing (which obviously shouldn't happen) you will have a backup, non-scrubbed version of your documents.

(There is an option to scrub the original copy, should you wish to do this - but you will be warned that no backup is saved the first time you try to set that option. And again, that isn't the default setting either.)

And while Excel and Powerpoint documents aren't currently supported, it's an enhancement I've been looking into. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. squash

squash Guest

So in short, if i can't bothered for doc scrubber to create backup... and want it to scrub the original copy - will it work just fun... and in short will it or will it not delete or wreck the file...

That is... if I could not be bothered and want to do things on the fly :)

squash

4. squash

squash Guest

Aw yeah, and maybe a TEST Word file with lots of gibberish text and information in all properties fields thing of such so a person can test Doc Scrubber similar to how EICAR can test an anti-virus... yes, a person may just create a document and test for themselves... but it might not be a good example... just a thought :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.