Do you use Asus pc monitor w that insane contrast ratio?

Discussion in 'hardware' started by sweater, Jan 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Who among you here use already uses Asus pc desktop monitor with 50M pixel contrast ratio? :rolleyes:

I was then thinking of getting LG, but when I learned that Asus made this super contrast ratio monitor and it has the highest in the market I then have to think twice coz the price was almost the same.

Do think with that 50M contrast ratio are really good...maybe for watching movies....or it is not that comfortable to the eyes for close range users? o_O

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

A rather irrelevant spec on its own.
    What else is on the plate?
    Mrk

3. CrusherW9

CrusherW9 Registered Member

I have two PB238Q's. I like them, though when I'm playing games with the lights off, there's a bit of uneven backlighting in dark parts of the game. It kind of washes out certain parts of the screen. They advertise 80 million to 1 contrast ratio. That said, I didn't buy them for the CR; I bought them because they are IPS and have decent color reproduction. As Mrkvonic eluded to, you can't really go by contrast ratios when comparing monitors.

4. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Not sure if you have decided what to get yet Asus, LG or something else....but you can find good monitor reviews on:http://www.tftcentral.co.uk

5. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

Not that LG does not make good monitors - they do. But I am a bit biased against LG, the company, right now. And I realize we are talking monitors and not TVs, but...

LG Admits Smart TVs Spied On Users - InformationWeek

I am also not a fan of Dell, the company. But I have to admit they produce some excellent monitors you might consider. One of my biggest problems when buying monitors is I want (I NEED) monitors that have stands with height adjustment and they are very hard to find.

For some reason, I seem to be one of the few in the world who feel adjusting the height of the monitor to save my neck instead of the height of my chair is the best way to get the right height for proper neck posture. :blink:

Anyway, many Dells have height adjustment too. But sadly, Dell uses LG IPS panel. Excellent panels, but again - made by LG.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.