Do you use Adobe AIR? I notice I don't have it installed.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

The little download blurb on v3.co.uk mentions..."eBay Desktop tool" as an example of an app needing it. I don't ever recall trying to run anything requiring it.

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

No, not currently.
    But when I used the desktop version of EarthBrowser ( http://earthbrowser.com/ ) I had it installed :)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  3. Yash Khan

Yash Khan Registered Member

I dont know what programs require it but I never had probs with any programs or any programs gave error or asked to install it.

I remember when I installed Adobe Reader, Adobe Air was automatically installed, no opt-in or opt-out option was there during installation. I uninstalled it.

And if I remember when you uninstall it, the uninstall procedure mentions something like apps that require Air will not work & dont remember if it mentions what type of apps require Air.

4. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

Same experience here as narenbisht, I havent seen anything that requires Adobe AIR to be installed.

5. pegas

pegas Registered Member

HTC Sync application for syncing of files between a HTC phone and a PC. However my experience is that if any application needs Air for its running, then Air is always bundled in installation. So, if I can speak there is no reason to install Air separately.

6. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Good responses and thanks! :thumb:

7. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Certain Internet-facing weather applications like ACCUWeather require Adobe Air to be installed to run. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.