Do you use Adobe AIR? I notice I don't have it installed.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

The little download blurb on v3.co.uk mentions..."eBay Desktop tool" as an example of an app needing it. I don't ever recall trying to run anything requiring it.

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

No, not currently.
    But when I used the desktop version of EarthBrowser ( http://earthbrowser.com/ ) I had it installed :)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  3. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

I dont know what programs require it but I never had probs with any programs or any programs gave error or asked to install it.

I remember when I installed Adobe Reader, Adobe Air was automatically installed, no opt-in or opt-out option was there during installation. I uninstalled it.

And if I remember when you uninstall it, the uninstall procedure mentions something like apps that require Air will not work & dont remember if it mentions what type of apps require Air.

4. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

Same experience here as narenbisht, I havent seen anything that requires Adobe AIR to be installed.

5. pegas

pegas Registered Member

HTC Sync application for syncing of files between a HTC phone and a PC. However my experience is that if any application needs Air for its running, then Air is always bundled in installation. So, if I can speak there is no reason to install Air separately.

6. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Good responses and thanks! :thumb:

7. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Certain Internet-facing weather applications like ACCUWeather require Adobe Air to be installed to run. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.