Do you need a different installer for these browsers? IE 10, Opera 28, Vivaldi and the newest Chrome

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rilla927, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Okay, here goes. I have been plagued with Flash problems with any browser I have on my computer for quite some time now. It's probably due to me not understanding some simple facts.

I thought they all (browsers) benefited from the the one time I would install flash, but apparently not because I still have a browser that says "you need to install flash in order to view this" something like this anyway.

Do all these browsers use a separate, or different type or version. I'm confused!

I wanted Chrome on my computer but I had to take it off because I learned some of them use extensions. I just drove me crazy with the problems. I would rather stay away from extensions if I can. I just don't know how to fine balance this.

Thanks gang!

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Take that browser to the Adobe site and see what version of flash is showing.

https://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

3. Rilla927

I have completely uninstalled all flash because of the troubles. I thought I would ask before I go d/l anything at this point.

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

IE 10 needs to ActiveX version of Flash installed. If you're using Windows 8, that is there by default.

Chrome has Flash built-in, no matter what OS you're using.

I believe the other 2 uses the plugin version of Flash.

5. Rilla927

Everything you mention above I had installed and it caused a lot of problems. How is everyone using it with no problems? I'm using win 7 64bit Professional.