Do You Like the Windows 8 Metro Interface for Desktop/Laptop?

Discussion in 'polls' started by Brandonn2010, Jul 7, 2012.

?

Do You Like the Windows 8 Metro Interface for Desktop/Laptop?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. No

67 vote(s)
    90.5%
  1. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Title says it. I personally hate it and will be sticking with Windows 7 because of it, plus Windows 7 works fine and I don't want to shell out hundreds for 8.

2. moontan

moontan Registered Member

you should have added a 'Neutral' choice.

i would have voted "Neutral" since for me it's not a big deal one way or the other.

3. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Me too, Neutral.

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Of course not... It's unnecessary for non-touchscreen desktops/laptops....

5. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Registered Member

Nope.

6. CyberMan969

CyberMan969 Registered Member

I hate it how MS wants to force it upon us, just like they do with that horrible Bing thingy. As I've said on another forum, I think it's all about long-term planning. Win8 will be installed on countless new computers, and for countless young novice users worldwide (who may have never used another computer in the past) this will be their first and only point of reference. For all those users the use of a Start button will be something alien, in the same way its non-use is for older users.

Eventually all those millions of new users will shift the balance towards the use of Metro. It's only a matter of time before this shi(f)t happens. It's dead-obvious that MS desperately wants a piece of the touch-screen OS pie; so they're pushing Metro down our collective throats, hoping that in the long run this shift will happen.

I believe that this is one of the main reasons why MS doesn't give us an easy option in Win8 to either use Metro or to revert back to the old Start system. It would be dead-easy for them to incorporate an easy setting that allows us to switch between the two. The problem in their eyes is that if they were to do so, then many novice users would probaly switch to the old way simply because their parents, older siblings, etc. are used to it and they would teach the kids to operate the computer in the old way. MS doesn't want that, so they're forcing Metro upon us hoping that the balance will shift as time goes on.

7. Arvy

Arvy Registered Member

Like it? On a desktop platform?! You must be joking!

I could live with it as an option, even if it were the default option. But to force it on everyone with no alternative as Mickeysoft appears to be trying to do is utterly absurd IMO. Looks like Win7x64 is going to be around for quite a while.

8. tgell

tgell Registered Member

Let's face it, Metro was built to be a tablet-centric OS. Trying to kludge it to work with the desktop was a mistake. Microsoft could easily give desktop users the option to disable it but that would not fit with their "ecosystem" strategy.

9. Tomwa

Tomwa Registered Member

The above posts make the point clear enough. It's a giant NO from me as well.

10. carat

carat Guest

11. littlebits

littlebits Registered Member

No, I hate it. It is like moving things around to make your job more difficult.

Thanks.:D

12. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Of course I like it....if I get myself a touch-screen tablet. In a non-touchscreen laptop(which I'm more likely to buy)? I don't think so.

13. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

No I do not like it on my desktop or my laptop.

14. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

The poll has no meaning since MS claims, that users love it, if not they will learn to love it and that users do not want start button, so that is that.

15. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

This is true. MS did a study, we the users rarely if ever used Start.

16. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

I don't like it but can now afford it now that the President is going to pay my power bill. :argh:

Seriously, I just might have purchased my last MS operating system when I fell for Vista ! :oops:

17. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I have it installed in a dual boot configuration but i gave up using it due to the GUI. :D
    I might get used to it, but not now. Windows 7 is still awesome and 99.9999999% of the apps are not Metro ready. :D

18. test

test Registered Member

19. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

No its ugly :thumbd: Thats my opinion and I am sticking to it.

20. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

They will be once Win8 is released.

21. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Probably a show of hands in the office and conducted by the boss.

22. Noob

Noob Registered Member

That's why as of now, it's a no go. :D
    I don't even think they will all be ready immediately after W8 release, might take a couple months or even a year for most apps to be ready. (Big corps will be ready of course but other might not)

23. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I can't vote yet as I am undecided until I have to use it on a daily basis, which I will not do until it is final. I expect I will get used to it. I will have to support customers that will be using it in any case so I have no choice but to get used to it.

24. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

They will. They always do. Even if MS releases a bad Windows they always do comply.

25. tgell

tgell Registered Member

Metro for Catia, Mastercam, PC-DMIS, Solidworks, and Unigraphics? :rolleyes: What a freaking disaster.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.