Do You Know Someone That Has Had Their ID Stolen?

Discussion in 'polls' started by FreddyFreeloader, Aug 15, 2013.

?

Do You Know Someone That Has Had Their ID Stolen?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    25.6%
  2. No

29 vote(s)
    74.4%
  1. FreddyFreeloader

FreddyFreeloader Registered Member

Do you know someone that has had their identity stolen?
    If you like, give a brief description of how it happened.
    Yes
    No

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Hopefully not, but nobody communicated such misfortunes to me.

3. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

No, I do not live in USA or UK. It is easier there, since stealing a social security number is pretty much all that is to it.

4. guest

guest Guest

Not personally, but I've read lots of people's experiences about their accounts being hacked. From their social media accounts to bank accounts.

EDIT: Maybe my head is not assembled properly, so pardon the silly question. But what ID we are talking about here? o_O I hope my answer is relevant.

5. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I know lots of people that have lost their wallets or a thief stole their wallets with all their CCs and IDs. But nothing like identity theft for fraud.

6. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Yes, me. Since it occurred in a location where I sent loan payments to I assume it was an employee of that particular creditor. File a police report immediately and be prepared to get copies of the report to send along with some notarized documents and possibly a copy of a picture ID to send in to the creditors of the fake accounts. Know that none of them will make any attempt to apprehend the individual(s) responsible. They will tell you to hire a private investigator if you want action to be taken. Until the case is resolved by their fraud claims departments the collections departments will call you relentlessly. It took 11 years for me to make all of the phone calls stop. It didn't cost me a lot of money since I got them all cleared up but it was a lot of frustration to deal with.

7. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Not their entire identity, but someone stole my Dad's credit card once, and bought a new PC. They found out who did it, but no charges could be filed and the guy got away with it for some reason.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.