do you guys think separate forums for router

Discussion in 'polls' started by mack_guy911, Oct 22, 2010.

?

Do you guys think there should be separate forums for router ?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    69.0%
  1. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

do you guys thing there should be separate forums for router, wireless utm, gateway just like antivirus firewall ....etc

i seen many wireless router, gateway, utm, ....type quires in different forums like some time in firewall section some in hardware some time in linux

if there is one section of forums is dedicated to router it would be great for all people to reach, read and write

so how many of you guys agree with me

2. guest

guest Guest

Voted Yes. Why not? :)

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

No, for the simple fact that we already have a hardware forum where these sorts of questions are supposed to go.

4. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

A section just for routers? Too narrow of a subject to justify a forum section. If that was broadened to cover all internet hardware, modems, routers, switches, hardware firewalls, etc, that might be viable. The existing hardware section would have to be narrowed in scope, maybe all other hardware. Even then, I don't think there'd be enough usage to justify 2 distinct hardware sections.

5. Noob

Noob Registered Member

It will not get enough talk :rolleyes:
    Too specific

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Wouldn't get enough traffic volume.

7. Spiral123

Spiral123 Registered Member

I voted yes. It is not just routers, but UTM's as well. I think it would be a good idea, since there are so many out there. The hardware forum does not cut it. That is too broad and it is more about he the software capabilities implemented on the hardware. For example, If I had a beige box and I had questions on what I should install either, pfsense, Untangle, Astaro or just a little stock linksys. Makes sense to me...

8. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

the reason behind is most of guys post on different forums

for example https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=284971

if there is dedicated forum for router/utm wireless WAP 2 accesspoint setups tutorials ........etc it would be very helpful for every one to look in one forums :rolleyes:

every newbie can see a fourm called router and post his/her quires related any thing to router there are also all the previous setup security like same questions get in one dedicated forum as sticky post

also routers, utm, linux homemade utm like astaro untangle, routers wireless, different vendor their setups is very vast field every user can reach to them in one forum.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  9. Woodgiant

Woodgiant Guest

Hello Mack guy911
    I am sorry to say but I agreed with Hammers statement. But anyway it's a great idea Mack, so maybe it could be tried out for a period of time, why not. :thumb:
    Best Regards.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.