Do Windows Updates come out at the same time for XP and 7?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by cheater87, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Or does 7 get them before XP does?

2. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Same time. Usually the second Tuesday of the month known as 'patch tuesday'

3. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

cheater87, if you look at this month's Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification (normally posted by ronjor), under Affected Software and Download Locations, Windows Operating System and Components section, you should see all the applicable software for that month's patches.

4. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

Just did my "Update Wednesday" a little bit ago. I always wait until the next day to make sure the patches are there, and update everything else on my computer as well while I'm at it. The only thing I ever had set up for auto-update was my AV defs/engine, but I don't use one anymore. So I manually update everything, and this is the big day to do it.

Then I reboot, CClean, defrag, then shut down & unplug everything (PC, modem, router) for a few minutes, then boot back up. It makes my connection snappier and clears memory.

It's a monthly ritual for me, and I'm good to go for another 29 days now :D

5. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

The yellow shield appeared on my tray today when I turned on my computer but it disappeared and is not appearing back or downloading in the background. This is happening to me on both of my computers. Why is this? I have XP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.