do they play well together??

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by deckie49, Dec 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deckie49

deckie49 Registered Member

hi guys/gals. i have a question...
    i'm running the latest version of outpost pro as a personal firewall (d-link router too). i'm now looking at installing webroot's "spy sweeper". does anyone have any experiences/comments about using these two together?? it seems to me that i once read a thread about them conflicting and slowing down the system, but cannot find the thread anymore.

thanks in advance for your replies.

merry christmas!!:)

2. root

root Registered Member

3. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Hi deckie49, :)
    I'm running Outpost Pro & Spy Sweeper & Giant & KAV & Ewido & Adwatch with no problems at all, except ...
    The only thing with Spy Sweeper is that it can block outgoing access. I had to edit the list of components (components to be used by more than one application) in OP to add the program like my browsers, email and updaters. :doubt:
    We also had a report at the forum about the above. It blocked incoming messages, but after he removed Spy Sweeper everything was well again.

When Spy Sweeper performs a scan, it can slow down your system. Currently running a Pentium 2.4 Ghz and 1 GIG memory, but every scan slows down my system, regardless which application is performing the scan.:D

Just my 0.2 eurocents ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.