do they play well together??

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by deckie49, Dec 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deckie49

deckie49 Registered Member

hi guys/gals. i have a question...
    i'm running the latest version of outpost pro as a personal firewall (d-link router too). i'm now looking at installing webroot's "spy sweeper". does anyone have any experiences/comments about using these two together?? it seems to me that i once read a thread about them conflicting and slowing down the system, but cannot find the thread anymore.

thanks in advance for your replies.

merry christmas!!:)

2. root

root Registered Member

3. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Hi deckie49, :)
    I'm running Outpost Pro & Spy Sweeper & Giant & KAV & Ewido & Adwatch with no problems at all, except ...
    The only thing with Spy Sweeper is that it can block outgoing access. I had to edit the list of components (components to be used by more than one application) in OP to add the program like my browsers, email and updaters. :doubt:
    We also had a report at the forum about the above. It blocked incoming messages, but after he removed Spy Sweeper everything was well again.

When Spy Sweeper performs a scan, it can slow down your system. Currently running a Pentium 2.4 Ghz and 1 GIG memory, but every scan slows down my system, regardless which application is performing the scan.:D

Just my 0.2 eurocents ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.