Do the Pale Moon & Waterfox 64bit browsers include the auto updater like Firefox?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by roark37, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roark37

roark37 Registered Member

Hi, I was considering trying either Pale Moon or Waterfox 64 bit and did not know if the auto update feature that Firefox now has in included in these, is it? And can it be removed the same way by choosing custom install? Also is this not an issue if using Pale Moon or Waterfox 64 bit portable? And are both those browsers much slower if using portable off usb than regular install? For anyone that uses either Pale Moon or Waterfox 64 do you find it noticeably faster for browsing than Internet Explorer 64 bit?

Thanks.

roark

2. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Waterfox used to but I don't see it in 13. So I have to do a manual update over it it seems.

3. newbino

newbino Registered Member

Has been updated to 14.0.2 and yes, it does have it :)

4. niki

niki Registered Member

http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=190
    AFAIK, the above is still valid and assume it's for both 32 and 64 bit.

5. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

For some reason auto update is not in about for me. How would I be able to find it if its been moved?

6. newbino

newbino Registered Member

Can't help you with this, apart from suggesting that you post on their forum here.

I also had this problem with v 13 but since updating manually it has auto-updated from 14.0.1 to 14.0.2, have you already moved to v 14? When you do, make sure to uninstall v 13 first (do not uninstall the profile with data, naturally).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.