Do not show this window and submit files without asking - tickbox

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jimwillsher, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

4.0.437, Win 7 RTM, x64.

When I get virus files sent via email, ESET correctly blocks them. Periodically a window appears bottom-right, asking me to submit suspicious files. On the window there's a tickbox "Do not show this window and submit files without asking". I've ticked this box many many times, yet every day it reappears, with new files to submit.

Wha's the point in having a "do not prompt me again" tickbox if it gets ignored?

Anyone else experience this issue?

Jim

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello , Jim !

Yes , me , too . This function simply doesn't work .
    As ThreatSense.NET doesn't work properly the way it should ,as you can see yourself, (I mean ESET Lab doesn't add samples from it) , you could disable sending files to ESET via ThreatSense.net

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Are you positive that you're prompted to submit the very same files that you have already confirmed for sumbission before? I wouldn't disable file submissions as they serve for the virus analysts to improve generic detections.

4. jimwillsher

No, it's different files each time.

Are you saying that the tick box means "don't display this window if you're submitting exactly the same files you've already submitted"? If you are, then the logic behind that box is just plain stupid.

I want to submit ALL virus files, automatically, without the prompt. After all, the box just lists a filename, am I expected to make a decision based on the filename? You're not serious, surely?

Jim

5. Marcos

Then open the setup and go to Tools -> ThreatSense.Net and select the radio button "Submit without asking" instead of "Ask before submitting". With the latter option selected, you'll be prompted to confirm every file suitable for analysis before it's actually submitted.

6. jimwillsher

Hi Marcos,

The radio button is already selected, I haven't changed it. But I know I will get asked again the next time I receive a virus after the next reboot.

The option doesn't survive a reboot.

Jim

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Same here . As I already wrote:
    and has never worked correctly with v3/v4

8. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

this is a bug and i confirm it

9. Marcos

I haven't ever had a problem with this. Now I've also tried it with EAV 4.0.437 and it worked like a charm. I'll give it one more try and will probably ask some of you for some stuff that we'd need if I'm unable to replicate it.

10. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Marcos ,

Believe me , I don't want to be rude . But I have been reselling NOD32 for almost 4 years and this has never worked as expected for ANY of my computers , for ANY of my clients' computers .

I would much appreciate your effort and time if you post some screenshots to proove your statement! Thank you!

11. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Here are some pictures

proactive_leader.PNG

nasdkjnads.PNG

Even though it is set to automatically submit files ,

it still asks (and doesn't goes away even though I might uncheck it)

proactive_leader 2.PNG

proactive_leader3.PNG

12. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

I also have it all on automatic and I just tested it, I didn't get a screen to ask me to send it or not. And after a while the number of pending files waiting for submission was 0 again.

13. ASpace

ASpace Guest

What malware did you test it with ?

14. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

Some crack I googled which was detected as 'Probably a variant of ..'. Perhaps you can PM me your test file so I can test it with that one?

15. ASpace

ASpace Guest

PM sent . Please , download the zip file from the link.
    ---
    @Brambb

Hey . Anything from your test with the file I sent you ? :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2009
  16. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

Sorry was away from computer, behavior is the same. File is automatically sent.

Only difference I notice is that I have a e-mail configured to contact me, perhaps that is it?

17. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

ASpace i agree with you this is the bug and all v4 build have it

18. Marcos

If someone is willing to let me connect via Teamviewer and check that out, let me know. The best would be to work on this with someone from approx. the same time zone (Europe). As I said, it's always worked for me fine and as you can see Brambb as well as many other users don't have any problem with this feature either.

19. jimwillsher

PM sent...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.