Do KeyScrambler do the job?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by plexitus, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plexitus

plexitus Registered Member

I automatically activate KeyScrabler when I run Firefox. KeyScrambler is supposed to encrypt every keystroke typed in the browser, and to me it seems that the encryption works. Does anyone else use KeyScrambler, and is this a recommended tool?

Any views on this tool?

2. hank07

hank07 Registered Member

3. Warlockz

Warlockz Registered Member

I use Keyscrambler Premium, and yes it is highly recomended, the premium version works with a number of various Apps, but the free version only covers IE, Firefox, & Flock!

See the list of applications covered by each version here

http://www.qfxsoftware.com/products.htm

4. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

As a general idea, this tool doesn't protect against hardware keylogger, but if you are a home user it is highly unlikely that someone will plant one on your keybord wire. Then, from what I read about it, KeyScrambler uses a driver to encrypt keystrokes and that gives a good protection against software keyloggers.
    On a final note, if you are worried about a keylogger, you should use other security software (like HIPS) to prevent being infected with one.

5. Warlockz

Nebulus is 100% right, Hips is very Important for preventing a Keylogger from being installed in the first place, especally if you download P2P files or Warez, EXAMPLE: you can attach Perfect keylogger/Remote Logger to just about anything as long as it exicutes as you see in the pic, the MP3 file is selected for the bait! and no one would ever think an mp3 or a video would be infected, basicly any exicutible file will work for bait!

2009-03-23_125736.jpg

See

http://www.blazingtools.com/remote_logger.html

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  6. markoman

markoman Registered Member

On the other hand, very few AV won't recognize an executable infected by Perfect Keylogger.

7. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I am using Keyscrambler Premium, and now also Zemana (thanks to Warlocks for the suggestion), but I don't have a hips program. Can someone recommend a HIPS program for beginners? I need something that is not too complicated.

8. Warlockz

That is correct, but you never know when a new threat can arise, this is why the use of HIPS is highly recomended!

Zemana is a type HIPS software,it stops apps from installing without user interaction, as long as Expert settings are checked, and other settings are configured correctly, so are most of the Internet security suites out their as long as the settings are configured correctly!

I guess it all depends on how complicated you want to make things for yourself, Im just using Kaspersky Internet Security suit, along with Zemana Antilogger, and it does the job just fine!

I got tired of all the Paranoia Overkill Misc extra HIPS, Kaspersky does the job perfectly, as does Zemana, in preventing these threats from being installed, but remember, its up to the user to configure his security apps correctly to get the most out of them, like prompt for user interaction, or expert mode, alot of apps have digital signitures or are on a whitelist, this is why you should set your configuration properly!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.