Do I still ned GesWall for my security setup?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Sxperm, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sxperm

Sxperm Registered Member

I'm currently using Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 + Sunbelt CounterSpy for real time protection and Malwarebytes for on-demand scan. Do I need addition software such as GesWall or KeyScrambler to protect from keylogger and privacy issues along with my current set up? Is it neccesary or just the current one is enough? :)

2. KIS is a security suite, and a good one from what I understand. It should be quite enough in practice, unless you frequent crack sites or something.

3. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

In a multi-layer protection system a sw as GesWall, Defense Wall or SandBoxie is a power increase of the security.

4. And a powerful way to slow down your computer. Really, it's not necessary at all IMO when you have a full security suite with a HIPS. Even granted that the whole platform it runs on top of is incurably full of holes.

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I will just drop CS and even MBAM and use GW along with KIS. I feel a sandbox like GW or DW or SBIE is the most important part of windows security, esp as they are pretty silent.

6. icr

icr Registered Member

But doesn't kaspersky include a sandbox same as GW

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Yes but I will prefer a standalone sandbox rather than using one in the security suite. If one software is bypassed, the other will come into action- it makes two layers. I use CIS Defence Plus( but not its sandbox) alkongwith geswall.

The OT can use KIS AV, FW and HIPS plus GesWall.

8. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

I believe that if a suite has a sandbox is better to use the "internal" sandbox ( of course if it's working properly). Because sometimes security software interfere with the sandboxes from other vendor and give ways to the malware to get out of the sandbox.

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  9. blacknight

I'v used GesWAll many years with different HIPS and I never had any slowdown. No sw and no full security suite is anyway invulnerable.

10. blacknight

I think is better to diversify the security softwares to build a really multi-layer defense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.