Do I need to uninstall a trial version of Acronis True Image 10?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tomcat_999, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomcat_999

tomcat_999 Registered Member

A few days ago, I downloaded a trial version of Acronis True Image 10. Being satisfied with it, I have now ordered a boxed copy of the full version from a mail order company. When it arrives, will I need to uninstall the trial version and then install the full version in its place, or is there a way of installing the full version on top of the trial version?

If I do need to uninstall the trial version, will all the configuration files created within the trial version be preserved? And can I be 100% sure that I would be able to restore, using the full version, any files stored within the backup archives that were created with the trial version, should the need arise at some future point?

Any responses will be gratefully received.

2. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

When I changed from trial to production version using TIv10 from the Acronis site, I asked about installing over trial. They replied to do a clean install - uninstall trial.
    I don't recall whether backups make under trial using the Windows method recovered, I think they did. But I think you'll be safer redoing the backups. This site seems to suggest redoing backups and the rescue CD with each new version.
    I'm sure you will get a better answer from the expert users.

This is one superb product :) isn't it?

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello tomcat_999,

Images you created with the trial version, be they Disk/Partition or Files/Folders, are compatible with the full version of TI. Just make sure you create a new bootable rescue CD after installation as the one created via the trial version only allows restoration of images not their creation.

Regards

Last edited: Dec 29, 2006
  4. tomcat_999

tomcat_999 Registered Member

act8192 and Menorcaman,

Many thanks for your responses. In accordance with your helpful advice, I am going to uninstall the trial software and then do a clean install of the production version. And I will then create a new rebootable rescue CD.

Hans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.