Do I need TI 11?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cocteau48, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cocteau48

cocteau48 Registered Member

A year ago I purchased TI 10 for my desktop running XP Home SP3 and it has worked (saved my bacon) time and time again ... I cannot fault the program.

I have just bought a laptop with Vista 32 Home Premium and tried to install my TI 10 onto it. It installed OK and created a backup but when I try to restore the backup it gets as far as the "acronis loader please wait" screen and then .... nothing.

I have downloaded the trial version of TI 11 and that appears to work as normal so,if necessary,I am quite happy to go ahead and purchase a copy of TI 11.

My question is: does this situation arise because any copy of TI is only valid to work on one machine and .... if I do purchase TI 11 for the laptop it is therefore only valid for the laptop and cannot be installed on the desktop?

2. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

My guess is that TI10 isn't Vista compatible, but I'm not entirely sure.

3. cocteau48

Thanks for the reply Stijnson
    TI 10 is,or at least according to the packaging should be,Vista compatible.

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Even version 9 will backup and restore a Vista system using the bootable Rescue cd. Version 10 is supposed to be fully Vista compatible.

5. cocteau48

6. Faust

Faust Registered Member

I have TI 10 running on three Vista Home Premium PC's - yes it is fully compatible. The only issue I have had is the very long recovery times using an external USB HD as the backup recovery source and the Acronis Loader. The Linux drivers only appear to use USB 1.0 not 2.0 so the end result for me at least was 17 hours to recover 80 gig. I have now made a VistaPE disk and the recovery is now measured in minutes. :D

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cocteau48,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Most likely the standalone version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home lacks necessary drivers for your new laptop. Please make sure you use the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

Please note that according to Acronis License Policy you need to purchase one copy of the product for every machine it will be used to manage.

You can find End User License Agreement at the beginning of every User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.