Do I need SPYWARE BLASTER & SPYWAREGUARD?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by BornMember, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BornMember

BornMember Registered Member

Hi all

Just wanted to know if I still need SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard (from Javacool) anymore because I now have F-Secure Anti-Spyware? (along with the AV)

F-Secure Anti-Spyware is AdAware pro (re-branded) which has Ad-Monitor, Process-Watch etc. does this mean that I can disable both SpywareBlaster 3.3 and SpywareGuard 2.2?

Thanks

BornMember

2. abhi_mittal

abhi_mittal Registered Member

You do need to run two or more resident spyware programs running. Instead you can have scanning programs like Spybot, Spyware Doctor, Yahoo toolbar with anti-spy etc. to regularly conduct malware scans and root out infections.

As far as I am concerned, I feel spyware blaster and spyware guard are better programs than the anti-spyware capabilities of f-secure.

3. BornMember

BornMember Registered Member

Sure I will still keep them running although Ad-Watch seems to pick up changes to registry which neither SpywareGuard nor WinPatrol does.

Thanks Again

Abhishek

Your a lifesaver!

4. abhi_mittal

abhi_mittal Registered Member

Gr8...Keep going. Enjoy your web experience.
    Any trouble, do get back.

Best Regards,
    Abhishek

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.