Do I need anti-spyware software in addition to nod32?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by cdysthe, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdysthe

cdysthe Registered Member

Hi,

On the nod32 home page it says: "Integrated, Real-Time
    Protection against Viruses, Spyware, Adware, and Identity Theft." I have used nod32 as my anti virus solution for a couple of years and it's phenomenal. In addition I have been running SpySweeper. This combo has kept my computer clean. However, it seems nod32 now also is an anti spyware solution, so could I potentially get rid of SpySweeper when the subscription runs out since nod32 seems to do the same thing? I would love to get rid of a relatively resource hungry app like SpySweeper if I can.

I also run some of the free anti spyware programs from time to time to feel even more safe.

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Well, SpySweeper may detect more Ad/Spy then NOD32 or may not. Anyway SpySweeper detects tracking cookies which NOD doesn't, but they are inoffensive and can be manually removed.

But basically NOD32 should be enough for your protection against spyware. ;)

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

for realtime protection nod32 is enough for most people. having some on-demand scanners like ewido or superantispyware wont hurt tho.

4. marcromero

marcromero Guest

NOD has kept me adware/spyware free all by its self.

5. covaro

covaro Registered Member

See my sig to see what I have running on my computer. Wife runs just NOD32 and Firefox on her laptop as well and never had a spyware/virus issue on her machine and she is just a avg. user. Granted, if you tend to be naughty online and go to the shady areas of the internet, there is nothing that is going to keep you 100% safe from every bugger running around out there in the void.

-Cov

6. cdysthe

cdysthe Registered Member

Thanks all for advice! :)

My other Anti Spyware is gone and my machine runs so much easier! I am not visiting sites that tends to infest, so I am hoping nod32 will keep me clean. I am also using an alternative browser (Opera), so I am pretty much covered in that area as well.

7. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I use nod32 and i've found it seems to be quite effective for spyware, its alerted me many times when i've been browsing sites i'm unfamiliar with. You could always install windows defender for a little backup protection, its free and doesn't cause any noticeable performance loss. And theres also spyware blaster which is free and helps to tighten up your security.

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Go through Blackspear's tutorial to make sure your NOD32 settings are set to maximum :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.