Do I need 3633?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Pineman, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pineman

Pineman Registered Member

I updated from 2337 to 3567 in April and found that when saving images to a HD they would not verify. I returned to 2337 and everything was ok.

Now that 3633 has been introduced I am concerned that I might have trouble again if i install it.

I do not back up to DVDs but to a different HD.

Has anybody had any difficulty with 3633 by doing a back up to a HD and not being able to verify that image file?

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I've had no problem with this, but then apart from the first offering of v9 , I haven't had this particular bug.

Colin

3. Pineman

I took the plunge and tried it!

It worked fine so whatever disagreed with my PC that was in 3567 must have been fixed in 3633.:D

4. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

I've never received a verify error message. Maybe I've just been lucky.
    Beginning with 3567, incremental backups do run much faster.

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

If I were you, I would ensure that the automatic verify at the end of each image creation is selected. Backing up to a local HD is perhaps the most reliable way of creating an image and having a verify error is unusual IMO. I never had one in 3567.

6. Pineman

When I first started using TI9 I read that it you should not set the automatic verification as it would frequently indicate an error, whereas if you back up first and then do a verification check afterwards it would be ok!

Can't remember where I read this but that is the system I have followed ever since and. apart from 3567, I have never received a verification error.

I have only carried out a recovery once and that was only a test onto a spare HD but it worked perfectly.

TI9 is a breath of fresh air after the years I spent struggling with various versions of Ghost - and usually failing!

7. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

On some early versions of TI 9 there were problems of images not verfiying correctly even though they were OK. Perhaps this is where you got the idea.

My comment was to create the image and then do the verify on the freshly created image right away as part of the image create process.

It is also a good idea to do a verify just before restoring the image because if it fails verification your partition will not be wiped out.

Since you have the image on a HD the verfication process if fairly fast, extremely fast compared to DVDs. :)

8. Pineman

Next time I do a back up I'll set the automatic verification and see what happens.

Thanks for the advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.