Do I have Drive Cleaner on my system?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by acr45, Aug 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr45

acr45 Registered Member

I was surfing the net using Firefox this evening and suddenly a pop-up comes up saying, WARNING!!!! your computer has tracks of all adult sites you had visited and so on. Knowing that this was bogus I clicked cancel. This pop-up was from Drive Cleaner, a known spyware app. So I did a spyware scan with Spyware Doctor, Spyware Terminator, Spybot S&D, AVG Anti-Spyware, Ad-Aware, and AntiVir. NOTHING came up as a threat. I also went to other sites concerning how to get rid of "Drive Cleaner". For example I went to this site http://www.pchell.com/support/drivecleaner.shtml

All the steps they listed did not apply to me. For example it suggests to run HijackThis to find entries of "Drive Cleaner" on my system and it also suggests to go into the control panel and delete this program via the Add/Remove Programs list. Drive Cleaner was not shown in my program list or in the HijackThis log file, so is it safe to say that Drive Cleaner is NOT on my system and all I did was click on a bad link to receive that unwanted pop-up? By the way the pop-up I received is the same one listed on the page a mentioned eariler. It's the 1st picture on the page. Am I safe or what?

Thanks in advance.

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I'd say its safe to say that all known forms of drivecleaner are not on your system.

Its times like this that a clean system image is very handy, theres no messing around, no uncertainty, just restore and you have a clean system again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.