do i have a conflict

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by newbie2247, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbie2247

newbie2247 Registered Member

I am having some computer problems that mimic symptoms of a virus. All the most common ones but I also wonder if it could be a conflict with my security programs before I take it to the shop and dish out big bucks. So I'll list what I have on 24/7 - no matter what I'm doing and ask you if you see a definite software conflict that could be causing my problems. Thanks.

I use Vista Home Premium and IE7 (although I used Foxfire2 for a bit and don't like it) and I've done a dozen scans and they all come out clean. Could really use some help.

ESET Smart Security Suite
    Sandboxie (free version)
    McAffee Site Advisor
    Spyware Doctor v5 (with the On Guard)

Grateful for any and all help. Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  2. NodboN

NodboN Registered Member

Could you please elaborate upon the 'symptoms' - it points everybody in the right direction in assissting you.

3. newbie2247

Certainly, freezing up, slowing down (and I have high-speed FIOS), frequent crashes and corrupted programs probably due to the crashes, or not.

4. newbie2247

ESET Smart Security Suite (Nod32) has a firewall has well as everything else and I have that set as high as I can. I also have my IE7 Internet Options set very high.

I'm glad to hear from others that I'm validated by following that "general rule of thumb" as far as 1 anti-virus and all the antispyware you want but now I'm hearing that my Sandboxie, the McAffee Site Advisor and Spyware Doctor's "On Guard" features Might, I emphathise Might be a conflict. That's why I am posting here for help. o_O

It slows down, freezes up, disconnects from the Internet, corrupts programs then later on it is fine for a bit and starts all over again whenever it feels like it. Even the icons on my desktop were changed for no reason. Once in a while I manage to get in and read my email and play chess, cards or mahjong. :(

I tried to do a factory restore and lo and behold, all my restore dates had disappeared. Now how the heck did that happen? This whole situation is rather odd. I must have some kind of conflict I am guessing as my Nod 32 has not detected anything at all in the scans. Nothing. and I keep hearing that it is the best and will catch everything so I paid big bucks and got the whole shooting match by getting the entire security suite. :ouch:

Am thinking that I might have to lose the already paid for latest version of Spyware Doctor or come up with something else with your help. (Using my husband's puter when mine is acting up.) :'(

Don't know what to do. It's a brand new HP Vista Premium Home Edition with 2 GB. Probably need more, eh? If so, how much would you recommend and is that hard to do and expensive? o_O

All I do is surf the `Net, play games, read and write email and use my Trillian for IM'ing. I'm very careful and use all that protection for my `Net surfing which I love but now I'm hearing that maybe I might have too much going on. Really could use some definite answers but I can see others being as flummoxed as myself, who is no techie. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.