Doъ Folder???

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by oldshep, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldshep

oldshep Registered Member

I've seen this folder in my C:\ directory a few times now and I'm not sure what it is or what is creating it. I can delete it but it reappeared this am on startup. It's first 2 subdirectories are "cookies" and "local settings". There are several more subdirectories underneath. Under "local settings" there are "History" and "temporary internet files" directories so it sounds like maybe its a microsoft directory?? I scanned it with Spysweeper and Nod32 and it came back clean.

Anyway, just thought I'd try to make sure its not being created by some kind of malware. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

2. pykko

pykko Registered Member

try a Bit Defender online scan. ;)

3. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

4. oldshep

Ran a BD 8 (Free) scan and a Nod32 "in-depth analysis" scan and a ZA AS max scan. All came back clean. So I guess if its malware, its pretty difficult to identify. I deleted the folder and rebooted a couple of times and it hasn't reappeared yet. So I guess I'll just have to continue to watch.

Thanks

5. oldshep

Yea - the cyrillic character was what got me concerned more than anything else. Just seems out of place. The contents of the folder just looked like some benign M$ user data. Anyways, I've scanned the P!ss out of my hard drive (as described above) and nothing. The only arrow left in my quiver is a max Spy sweeper scan... Which I'll do now.

Thanks

6. eniqmah

eniqmah Registered Member

Rootkit?

Check and see what kind of ports are open when your computer is idle. If there's anything going out, you've probably got a rootkit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.