do comodo and kerio 2.1.5 work with vista?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by iceni60, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i want to get a fw for vista do either of those two work with vista? i don't know anything about backward compatability with vista, but maybe kerio won't work. i downloaded this one - CFP_Setup_English_2.4.18.184

2. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Comodo will in version 3. Not the current version. The beta for ver.3 is expected June 7th, i think, but i wouldn't hold my breath.
    I'm sure it will be posted here when it's available.

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

does kerio 2.1.5 work with vista? i still haven't got a FW yet. my vista install is probably totally infested and i don't know anything about it lol. has that comodo beta come out now?

4. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

Kerio 2.1.5 does not work with Vista.
    One of the reason my new computer since March is running XP Pro to haev my old security programs working with it.

You have Vista firewall, so you should be safe.

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

There is an alpha version of Comodo v3 for XP. I think there may be also a Vista version but I havent checked.

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i downloaded two firewalls - vista FW control and looknstop, which is recommended more? i found the advanced security FW options too

7. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

I have no idea about Vista's, but LNS is very good imo, i like it a lot. There's the packet filter, and application control. I prefer that design myself.

8. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Id go for LnS. Ive never been a fan of the Windows Firewall regardless if the Vista version has outbound filtering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.