DNScrypt server and Router questions

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by bberkey1, Mar 1, 2016.

1. bberkey1

bberkey1 Registered Member

I didn't want to hijack the other thread so I started another.

My first question is about changing the preferred DNS Server from say 208.67.222.222 to the 127.0.0.1 DNScrypt instructs you to do after installing and its effect on over all performance? When I switched to opendns, I noticed a nice increase in browsing performance so when I changed the DNS settings, I wasn't sure if that would cause any loss of performance (I can't say that I have noticed any loss, but was just curious, as I still have OpenDNS' 208.67.220.220 in the alternate server.)

My second question involves setting DNScrypt with my router, or future router to be more exact. Do you recommend setting up DNScrypt through both the windows settings and the router, or should it just be run though the router? From what I've read some routes have a dnscrypt option available or via third party programs such as tomato or dd-wrt so it looked simple, but wasn't sure.

Thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.