Dja2K credits: what is your Vista64 security setup

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Kees1958, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Credits to Dja2k for his idea.

For Vista64 users the choices are limited and googling for Vista 64 is polluted with commercial crab. That is why I started an (imitation) thread to pick up ideas real easy from others (againg thanks Dj2akfo the idea).

So please Vista64 users respond.

Gaming PC:

- Vista home premium (4 Gig)
    - UAC in quiet mode, see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1075022&postcount=1
    - Defender (no scan only realtime with 3th and 4th option off, create restore before applying choices)
    - Vista Frewall control 1.1 (with Vista ForeWall off, are behind Nat/SPI router)
    - Antivir free (with check only at writes/no reads, nag screen stopped with propperties, security advanced options)
    - Primary Response Safe Connect
    - HauteSecure beta (with default template and warn for IE7 ****, IE7 with 64 MB Ramdisk for cookies and IE tempdate is really fast)

Freeware (with reeal time element) which I tested under Visat64 and worked (but not chosen)
    - Comodo V3
    - Boclean
    - SpywareTerminator
    - WinPatrol
    - Spybot S&D

So when you know some others (with realtime protection element) please mention

Regards Kees

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  2. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

In reality this is where I start calling my lawyers :D . Now I am jealous, I don't have a 64-Bit system.

dja2k

3. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Dja2K,

Keep it that way. XP 32 bits is blazing fast compared to Vista64. My Son first installed XP and the machine was fast (3,2Ghz, Ram@960Ghz, 4GB, Raid0, 8800GTS so overclocked it needed a home made air tunnel made from a flexible wash dryer outlet hose and two 90mm fans to pump through air). With Vista64 he lost about 10% in performance, while he thought 64bits would be 20% faster than 32 bit aps. Gamers report a smaller performance loss when going from Xp to Vista32. Also the Ram hunger of Vista64 is more than Vista32.

Microsoft really targets the gamers with vista(64). Directx10 games looks very good, It looks like Vista is tested against a lot of games. Only one of my son's games needed patching to work right.

See you in court ;)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  4. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I am not changing at all right now. For gaming, I have my Sony PS3 and my Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite. Anyways, my computer can still handle new games like Unreal Tournament 3 without a problem.

dja2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.