Display settings not sticking

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by AshG, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AshG

AshG Registered Member

Display settings not sticking, v2.5

I have been having trouble with the use of NOD32 graphics recently. While the main window will appear using eset's graphics, notification windows and scanning windows appear in the standard Windows style. I have checked the settings and found "Use of Graphics" to be set to On. If I disable the setting then re-enable it, all windows return to normal. Until I reboot, that is, and the same game happens all over again.

It's a minor niggle and not a showstopper for me by any means, but it is a little annoying. Any thoughts?

Last edited: May 15, 2005
  2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi AshG, welcome to Wilders.

Can you try downloading a FRESH copy of Nod32 from www.nod32.com

Uninstall your current version.

Remove the Eset Folder from C Drive> Program Files.

Install the FRESH copy of Nod32 that you downloaded above.

Let us know how you go…

Cheers :D

3. AshG

AshG Registered Member

Thanks for the advice!

I failed to mention earlier that the computer in question is only 3 days young with a fresh install of everything. Still, i took your advice and tried a fresh installation and have ended up with the same result. I have an image attached.

The setting loss seems to be happening at boot or shut down. Turning OFF the custom graphics, minimizing and reopening the panel, then turning the settings back ON seems to remedy the problem temporarily. I have even shut down the Control Center, waited a while, then turned it back on and the setting has stuck. Only when I boot (or reboot) does it default back. The main control screen still functions properly.

The following is the system information gathered by the program:
    I am also currently running Sunbelt Counterspy as resident. Drivers are the latest official nForce4 mainboard and GeForce graphic drivers from nVidia.

If there is any more information you need, please let me know. Thanks for your help!

Attached Files:

4. AshG

AshG Registered Member

Any advice on hwo to deal with the situation?
    I'm wondering if it could be a registry setting not sticking... which key controls that function?

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Check your acceleration settings in the NVidia control panel and see if that helps at all.
    Are you using a crt or lcd monitor?

6. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Which NVIDIA Graphics card do you have?

7. AshG

AshG Registered Member

Ok, you two just made me think of something.... I didn't notice this happenning until I installed Coolbits... hrm, wonder if there's a correlation?

The card in question is an ASUS 5900XT, identified by the Display Properties as a PCX5900. I'm uninstalling/reinstalling the video drivers to kill Coolbits, here's hoping it works.

8. Firecat

Go ahead and do that. I have an Asus FX5900 non-XT, and it doesnt have this problem :)

Do tell us how it goes :)

9. AshG

AshG Registered Member

Reinstalled the display drivers, sans Coolbits, and it's running like a dream. No image problems!

odd how that one reg file was interefering with everything, though.... Any thoughts on that?

10. Firecat

Display drivers have lots of registry entrenches....very difficult to understand those kinds of issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.