display properties...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by resa05, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. resa05

resa05 Registered Member

can someone tell me why this is happening..........when i right click my desktop it doesn't give me the option to "customize my desktop"o_O?
    another thing....when i go to control panel and click appearance and themes....it has all the little pictures you can choose for you desk top in there ok....but it is also showing pictures on there that I don't remember putting on there...pictures that are stored in "my pictures"....why is it saving all those pictures to display properties?....small problem i'm sure...but even i can't figure that out :doubt:.......one other thing.........

why don't i see my quick launch on my tool bar? is it turned off?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2005
  2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Well it shows pictures from "My Pictures" on my PC too o_O

3. Trout

Trout Registered Member

To customize your desk top, right click on the desk top, select properties, and this should give you multiple options you can choose. For the desktop just select the desktop tab and customize button is in the lower left hand side of that box.

The easiest way to keep the images from showing in display properties would be to create another folder and move the images from the my pictures folder into the new folder.

To enable quick launch in XP, right click on an unused part of the task bar, select toolbars in the menu, then left click on quick launch.

4. resa05

resa05 Registered Member

oh yayyyyy i fixed it thanks a mil :).......this is the first and only thing i've really accomplished on mah own :oops:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2005
  5. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Thanks for that, Trout, even though I managed to figure it out myself before coming here...:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.