Display Name & IP Address/Port Name & Value

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by redman, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redman

redman Registered Member

Neither Display Name & IP Address, nor Display Port Name & Value remain selected after a reboot. Is that correct behaviour?

2. WYBaugh

WYBaugh Registered Member

Hi Redman,

When you selected the options, did you click on the apply button in the lower right? It's easy to miss (I've done so in the past).

Bill

3. redman

redman Registered Member

No, I didn't realise that I had to do that. Thanks for the advice.

4. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Ok, this answer the other question I've just asked.
    I should have read the most recent posts first :)

In this case, the problem is really linked to the option saving when Windows shutdown. This is an issue that has been observed yet several times with some users, and a priori not linked to a specific version.

Could you confirm that when you manually closed Look 'n' Stop before shutting down windows, every thing is Ok ?

Thanks,

Frederic

5. redman

redman Registered Member

If I shut down LooknStop or Windows, I get the same behaviour, i.e., unless I click on "Apply", the changes don't take effect.

6. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Yes, for the Options page (and the Internet Page when you change the rules) you need to press the Apply button to have the options saved.

If you do do, I suppose the options are saved when you quit/restart the application.
    For the windows positions and column sizes there is no Apply button, so for these settings, are they conserved when you quit/restart Look 'n' Stop ? (I hope yes).

Now, back to the initial issue, if you change an option, press apply, and shutdown/restart Windows, could you confirm or not the option is not saved ?

Frederic

7. redman

redman Registered Member

The options are saved if I press "Apply" but not otherwise. The windows and column positions are never saved once the PC is shut down or the program terminated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.