DiskTrix DefragExpress 50% off !!

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by vijayind, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

2. rollers

rollers Registered Member

The weird thing is, I got an email from them this morning with this offer. I have never visited their site and have never heard of their product before.
    But last night I was surfing and looking at different defraggers to buy. Now was it coincidence or are they using some advertising trickery somewhere that takes your email address when searching for products? Does google do this?
    It has prompted me to put my admuncer on again to stop this advertising snooping.
    Anyone got any ideas if they can achieve getting your mail address just by googling or visiting sites?

3. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

Who can say? There are certainly a multitude of methods to obtain email addresses for marketing purposes. Funny thing in my case was I bought UltimateDefrag 2008, gave them my primary email address, BUT all of the marketing junk has come in through another address (one which I did NOT provide to them).

Regardless, the company has zero credibility, IMHO, and I won't be doing business with them again......not for $7.49 or even $.000049. I find it rather telling that I have yet to receive even one email in response to my request for support, but at least half a dozen promoting their products. It's just pathetic.

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

^^^ agreed i now use puran and am very happy with it. not looking back

5. rollers

rollers Registered Member

Likewise, went for Puran

6. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

@rollers: Thanks for the advice. I was actually thinking of buying DefragExpress. I'll look elsewhere now :thumb:

7. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Sadly I have to agree. I can't believe Rob is so busy, he hasn't got time to come here an give those of us with a problem an explanation. By comparison, I got an email from Puran asking me as a users(I am) what I would like to see in the product. I responded, and almost immediately had a reply. What a difference.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.