Diskfull Error with 3.567 on Iomega Rev

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kenho, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenho

kenho Registered Member

Just Updated to Build 3,567

Before I got an "Insert Volume 1" error that once canceled would allow a manual back-up to my Iomega REV disk.

Now I get a disk full error on an empty disk and it aborts.. no way to back up to Rev.

I like the software, but I am betting the code makes assumptions about the size a UDF driver should be and the Rev is a 35 GB UDF.

Help.. I want to back-up

2. kenho

kenho Registered Member

I'm Think Good Idea to Avoid 3567

My previous version from a CD i bought at CompUSA had one problem. When I tried to do a backup to an Iomega REV drive it told me to insert "Volume 1" if I canceled the error, it would go on and do the back-up. SO I can't do automated back-ups.

I saw a post that said upgrading would fix this. It did.

The error is gone, but now it won't back-up at all to the REV as said in previous post it thinks a disk with 32GB free is full.

Now I find I can't edit my back up events because the new version is telling me the events were maded in a NEWER version. Do your programmers know how to user <, >, >=, and <= .. I think not.

I also assume your testing tream had the week off.

This update has really hurt my confidence in this product. Non-support related comment removed - Ron

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2006
  3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello kenho,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that generally when booted from Acronis True Inage Bootable Rescue Media the Iomega drive is detected as an additional CD/DVD drive and is available only for reading access. Therefore, you can only restore an image archive located on an Iomega drive, but not save it there. When using Acronis True Image 9.0 Home in Windows you should able to save the image archives to Iomega drive.

In case you use Acronis True Image 9.0 Home in Winodws, but you still can not save your images to the Iomega drive, please collect the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image 9.0 log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon;

- What exact error messages? When exactly have you received them? Please also create a screen shot of the error, if possible.

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step (create a screen shots, if possible).

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

4. kenho

kenho Registered Member

Thanks for the reply, but I was running in Windows. I have done a system restore back to the Acronis version in the CD Box. That version at least lets me save to the REV after clearing an "Insert Volume 1" error.

3567 will not save at all to the REV. This is a nearly new install of XP Pro SP2.

When this problem happened Acronis was the only Back-up software I was running and I was not running any other UDF software like In-CD, just the most recent REV drivers installed this week from Iomega website.

Also, I didn't buy a "Home" version of a program. I assumed I was buying a professional tool, not sure why I am now being downgraded to home version.

I am frustrated about this, but only want to again be a happy Acronis user that can do my automated back-ups to my REV drive. I am auditioning other back-up solutions and have had to warn against Acronis for now on some boards.

I hope there will be a fix soon.

Thanks.

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Have you got the "Ask for first media ..." unchecked in Tools Options Default Backup... Additional Settings ? This fixed another poster's problem.

Some time before the current build Acronis renamed the product to Home to make a distinction from Enterprise and Workstation, the functionality however has been increased, not reduced, compared to previous versions. Feel free to buy Enterprise if you like the name better.

6. Acronis Support

Hello kenho,

We are really sorry for your inconvenience. However, it appears that this issue requires a deeper investigation.

Could you please provide us with the following information?

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

- Let us know the exact model of your REV drive;

- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image 9.0 log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon;

- Describe actions taken before the error message stating that the disk is full appears step-by-step.

Please submit a request for technical support with the subject indicating that you want to contact Alexey Popov. Attach the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. I'll forward this information to our Testing Team and they will proceed with the investigation.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

7. kenho

kenho Registered Member

Answer to question about 2323 "Insert Volume 1 Error"
    Yes I tried it both ways with the prompt for media on and off.

Answer to disk full on 3567..
    I have rolled my system back to 2323 which works a little bit for now, and not prepared to reinstalled 3567 which made things worse. I will be willing to test any patch/update you need comfirmation of a fix on.

However here is my info.
    Motherboard is Asus A7NX Deluxe (not E version) with the Iomega REV USB pluggs directly into a MB USB, no hub inbetween
    Iomega PN is 31035402 USB 2.0 35GB drive
    Firmware version 95.B (I know of none newer)
    Windows XP 32bit Iomega driver version 4.0.1 (current version on iomega site)

Thanks

Ken

8. Acronis Support

Hello kenho,

I've forwarded the information you have provided to our Testing Team but they were unable to reproduce the problem. If you want us to proceed with the investigation of this issue then please provide us with the following information:

- Create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image 9.0 Home log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon.

Please submit a request for technical support with the subject indicating that you want to contact Alexey Popov. Provide the files collected in your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the most suitable solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

9. kenho

kenho Registered Member

I have submitted the support request with the log and info files.

Specifics of my system that might be at issue if code makes any assumptions:
    I have an HP 8450 with card reader the works over the network..
    I have a USB CF reader
    My main drives are SATA Via an SATA driver the behaves like a SCSI even though I am not using RAID.

So one place to look is if there is code that needlessly starts enumerating drives, the memory readers might cause confusion. I know Parition Magic was notorious for trying to read partiion tables off Flash readers and failing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.