Diskeeper free?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by aigle, Mar 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Anybody knows about diskeeper. It is no more free now?

2. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

3. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Just a thought, you think Diskeeper Lite 7.0 Build 418 that isn’t supported any longer and released 2002-10-18 can compete with some of today’s created Defrag freewares? Like for instance Dave's Disk Defragmenter? :doubt:

4. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Honestly I woudn't have a clue as to which is the best free defrag around. I have simply replied to a question about the existence of a free version of Diskeeper. It's good to know there are other possibilities.

5. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Diskeeper is now in version 10...:cautious: and their free version was still in version 7 o_O :doubt: I am just hoping they'll release a free Diskeeper Lite version 9, that at least defragger should not be an obsolete software in our pc. :oops: :p

6. Crynyd

Crynyd Registered Member

7. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

Diskeeper 7 Free is exactly the same as the one integraded in Windows XP. No need to install that.

8. aigle

aigle Registered Member

So what should I use? Any alternative? I don,t like such an old version.

9. crit1cal

crit1cal Registered Member

an alternative to diskeeper? i use perfect disk v7.0 its just as good in my opinion! give it a shot if you want an alternative www.raxco.com/products/perfectdisk2k/

10. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have used Diskeeper 7 free for quite a while and have nothing but a positive experience with it. It is fast and does a thorough job, can't ask for more than that for free.

11. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

for a free defragmenter, i like contig coupled with rejzor's power defragmenter gui.

12. aigle

aigle Registered Member

So what about power defragmanter, is it good? Is it easy to use esp for a beginner?

13. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Power Defragmenter with contig.exe is the only one I use. I also follow it up with sysinyernals pagedefrag.:D

14. spindoctor

spindoctor Registered Member

Anyone know a free defragger that allows you to exclude certain things from being defragged? I run GoBack and am looking for a defrag program that will allow me to exclude Gobackio.bin from being processed, so I don't have to disable it everytime before a defrag. Otherwise it screws up Goback. Thanks.

15. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

It is not the defragging of the Gobackio.bin that screws up Goback (in fact, I don't believe that it can be defragged), it is trying to keep track of all of the sector changes that a defragger throws at it, remember, GoBack is trying to keep track of EVERYTHING, and that includes sector movement. Because of that, I believe that ALL defraggers will effect GoBack unless, of course, you disable Goback before defragging.

Acadia

16. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Is it true that if u uninstall diskeeper, it wil uninstall window,s own defragmenter too?

17. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

No. :-*

18. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

yes it is easy, just place the contig and power defragmenter executables in single folder and run power defrag. select the power defrag option, select ur drive, and let it run.

19. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Nope, I used Diskeeper Lite v7 for a few weeks recently.

I also tried trial version of Perfect Disk and O & O DEfrag.

Perfect Disk wins hands down

I purchased Perfect disk for $11.99(US), AFTER rebate, at Amazon.con last week. Arrived 6 March, it is really very good.

See the white papers at Perfect Disk's web site, http://www.raxco.com/, especially those comparing wit hDiskeeper and O & O Defrag, It's no contest.

Not to mention, Perfect Disk does not remove the built-in defragger and does not have the overhead of constantly running in the background,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.