Diskcryptor chess - keyfile and password issue

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by sleepdancer, Nov 5, 2017.

1. sleepdancer

sleepdancer Registered Member

Hi everybody. I need some help as I am trying to boot again my encypted computer days ago, whithout any success. The issue is here:
    I have the encrypted (boot) harddrive (samsung evo ssd), I also have the usb bootloader which should load it, but my system is UEFI so it won't load at startup (I used this guide to make the drive and the loader https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=875&v=HaQEzA2ye4U). I do not have the keyfile and the original password is not working. I guess because it would only work with the keyfile or the USB if it would load anything.
    I already tried dozens of possibilities - put the ssd drive and the usb to older computers; modifying several bios settings; making new keyfile with the same settings; Live CDs; etc.
    Can I do anything to make the usb bootloader work to access my data (under windows, or with any usb operating system, or make it work in the UEFI environment)? Or can I transfer back key data from the usb drive to unlock somehow the hard drive?
    I would really apreciate your kind help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.