Disk missing when booting from CD-image.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Netzerab, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Netzerab

Netzerab Registered Member

Acronis 11 build 1153.
    Made a boot disk.
    Booted.

Everything ok except for one thing:
    Acronis can't locate my serial-ata disks.
    Acronis correctly identifies USB-disk and two DVD-RW.
    When booting with Acronis 10, the two sata disks are located, but incorrectly identified as a raid-0

I have av Gigabyte motherboard with Nvidia serial-ATA controller.
    Raid is disabled in bios. These two sata disk are operating as standalone disks, not raid.

Booting with PowerQuest Drive Image 8 have no such problem finding my serial-ATA disks and correctly identifying them as two separate disks. No 3. party driver is necessary.

Booting WinXP then starting True Image works just fine, so I can restore files, but I really want to restore a full system after a system disk crash. It cant be done at the moment.

What can be done to solve the problem?

---
    Edit: My build was 8053.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  2. Earthling

Earthling Registered Member

1. D/load the SafeMedia plugin from your account, install it and make a new Rescue disk. Boot into Safe mode and it should see your SATA drives. Would be worth getting the latest v11 build while you are there too,

OR

2. Build a VistaPE or BartPE boot disk with the ATI 11 plugin.

Both methods worked for me, though the VistaPE solution was the most satisfactory.

3. Netzerab

Thanks for the advice.

If I use the SafeMedia plugin, do it has support for USB?
    My images are on an USB-disk.

Anyway I will try Bart PE.
    Downloading for the moment.
    Then I have to find the ATI plugin.....

4. Earthling

You can get both the BartPE plugin and the SafeMedia plugin from your account, they are at the bottom of your ATI11 bit in your registered products.

It's a bit suck it and see whether any version will see all or which of your drives, which is why the VistaPE version was right for me, as it did see the lot straight off.

5. Netzerab

Ok. Seems that Vista PE is the right choice, but I guess I need to have a Vista CD to make a build?

At the bottom of my registered ATI11 product there is no Bart PE or ATI plugin.
    No problem. I will find the plugin somewhere.

6. mustang

mustang Developer

You won't need a Vista DVD to build a VistaPE disk. See the web site in my signature. Look at the free guide to making a VistaPE CD and purchase the TI script.

7. Earthling

It was Mustang's script I used. Costs $4.99 but it seems rock solid, which is a great deal more than I would say for ATI 11.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Netzerab,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report, Windows system information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

9. Netzerab

Thank you for the advice.
    Booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter might fix the problem. I will test it - eventually. I made a Bart PE and downloaded the Acronis plugin. It worked like dream regarding the missing disk problem.

My next project is to get network support with Bart PE.
    IO do not actually need it for the moment, but it is nice to have. Just in case...

network support should have been a piece of cake, but getting the Nvidia NIC to work with Bart seems to be a difficult problem to solve.

If Bart/ Nvidia network support fails, I might try the acpi=off noapi.
    If the acpi-thing do not solve the disk missing problem, I will submit a request for technical support.

10. Netzerab

The acpi-command did not solve the missing drives problem.

I will submit a request for technical support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.