Disk Is Full Backup Error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bobajames1, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobajames1

bobajames1 Registered Member

I have a 500GB Hardrive and a 500GB USB Firewire external drive. My current HD storage use is 285GB. I only have room for 1 full backup image which I scheduled to run every 3 days.

The backup fails saying the backup location is full. Why doesn't the backup process delete the existing backup image since that is what I want to do (replace the 3 days old image with a new current one)?

I realize I will only have 1 image backup, but that is better than 0 and I have my important documents backup every day to an offsite location with other software.

How else can one back up large HD's without getting into terrabyte storage options?

Thanks
    Bob

2. dcrocker

dcrocker Registered Member

I have the same question.

I have allocated a Secure Zone on my laptop and want to limit it to be just large enouogh to hold one image. It saved the first one just fine.

Follow-on attempts abort due to lack of space.

/d

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bobajames1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that Acronis True Image deletes outdated backups in backup location after creating a new one. This for done to provide Acronis True Image users with more security. It could happen that for some reasons the new backup archive creation may fails and the user might end up with no backup archives at all (if the oldest backup was deleted first). From this point of view, the backup location is safer than Acronis Secure Zone. Since if there is not enough free space in the Acronis Secure Zone to create a full backup, the program deletes the oldest full backup with all subsequent incremental/differential backups. A scheme to clean up Acronis Secure Zone is described in chapter 3.3 "Acronis Secure Zone" in Acronis True Image 10.0 Home User's Guide.

Therefore, to accomplish your goals I would offer you to create Acronis Secure Zone and schedule backup task to create full image archive there. You can also try setting a higher level of backup compression, as described in the chapter 5.3.4 "Setting backup compression level".

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dcrocker,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that as I said in the post above, if there is not enough free space in the Acronis Secure Zone to create a full backup, the program deletes the oldest full backup with all subsequent incremental/differential backups. Therefore, I can assume that you are creating incremental/differential backup archive. Check chapter 3.3 "Acronis Secure Zone" in Acronis True Image 10.0 Home User's Guide to find a scheme to clean up Acronis Secure Zone.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.