Disk image question..

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Karm56, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karm56

Karm56 Registered Member

Hi all-
    I just bought TI yesterday and hope I haven't made a mistake. I'm a teacher and have 32 new Dells coming into our lab shortly. Every computer is going to have to have the same software installed, 32 times. My idea was to make a copy of one drive and then just load the rest from that disc. Then I got to thinkin'. The operating system is fresh and fine so there's no real reason to copy that over. Then I thought it would be a good idea to just install the software from a drive image. I'm not sure how to do this and when you install software, it writes to the registry, right? When you copy software, as from a disc image, you not really installing, your're copying, right? Which I think might be different.

As you can see, I'm pretty new at this. Any help/comments would be greatly appreciated!

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.