Disk full

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by asker24, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asker24

asker24 Registered Member

I am using the latest build of True Image 9.0 and incremental backups have filled my disk. I had thought that the program would automatically delete the oldest increments but this has not happened. How does one proceed when a Disk Full messages is impassable?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello asker24,

My goodness!! How many incremental images have you saved and for what purpose?

I'm afraid you will need to make some room on you HD by deleting the original full image and associated incrementals and starting again. Alternatively, delete some of the incrementals starting with the latest and working backwards and then resume from the incrementals that you left.

TI will automatically manage the number of incrementals on a "First In - First Out" basis if the images are saved to an Acronis Secure Zone (SZ). You can create the SZ on either an internal HD or external HD but, whichever you choose, I strongly recommend that you DON'T accept the default option to also activate the Acronis Startup Recovery Manager. Whilst the SZ is useful for managing the number of images, it does have its limitations in that you can't delete the individual .tib files or copy them to a different location (hence reason it's called a Secure Zone!!).

If you don't wish to go down the SZ route then there are many previous posts advising how to set up TI's Scheduler to manage/limit the number of full and incremental images (just use the "Search this Forum" feature for the keyword "schedule").

Regards

3. asker24

Thank you so much. That is a help and I will explore your suggestions.

4. asker24

Now I have created a Secure Zone partition (200GB) but the process set aside a few megabytes as a "Backup partition" which is what I thought I had labelled the Secure Zone. Now when I look at the layout of partitions in Disk Management (XP) there is my external 300GB Maxtor drive with a 79GB partition, the 16Mb one, and the empty 200GB one called "Acronis SZ." When I go to setup a backup, using the Backup wizard, it does not see the 200GB Secure Zone and tries to save to the 16MB "Backup partition." Where did I go wrong and how to I correct it?

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

It might sound a stupid question but have you scrolled to the top of the image selection directory tree? - the SZ should be second from the top, just below Desktop. See the screenshots in <Post #7 of this previous thread> for an example.

Regards

6. asker24

yes, I have done that sort of thing, as well as examining my drives with Disk Director Suite and Windows Disk Management Utility. They see my 200GB secure zone but True Image does not, including in the tree. I have sent screenshots and a report to Acronis but as they do not always answer in a timely manner (if at all) I thought I would also give this location a whirl. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.