Disk Director won't create new partition

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by marshallharrison, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marshallharrison

marshallharrison Registered Member

I'm trying to create a new partition out of the existing partition (C: drive). everything seems ok until I commit. It shows the pending actions and gives me a message that I must reboot.

I allow it to reboot and Acronis does some partition checking and synchronizing with the OS but no partition is created and the C: drive doesn't get any smaller.

Once (I've tried several times) I got an invalid partition size message but other that that nothing.

2. dariop

dariop Registered Member

I have exactly the same problem. I want to create a new partition in my C drive. There is 72GB of space, so there is plenty of room. I go through the procedure, click commit, immediately I get a message saying I have to re-boot to complete the operation. I re-boot, there is a message that Acronis is synchronising the drive, assigning a new drive letter.

Once the machine has re-booted there is no new partition. The C drive is exactly as it was before. I tried creating a partition on another drive, exactly the same thing happened. Acronis just will not create a new partition, but there's no error message, nothing at all to indicate what the problem is. Any ideas?

Windows XP Professional, SP2, all security updates installed.

ADDED I think the problem is caused by Windows, or some recent change to Windows security setting, denying Acronis access to the drive, therefore preventing it from changing the drive structure. I have three drives, Acronis cannot do anything with the first two, where I have my operating system and page file installed. But on the third drive, which has NO Windows system files I CAN resize, partition, do whatever I like.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.