Disk Director Suite Ruined My Computer

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by thenoser, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thenoser

thenoser Registered Member

i installed this on a win 98 se machine to resize a partition that was down to 100 mb. i resized the c: drive, taking 1 gb from two other partitions on the hard drive. after rebooting the machine i get many error messages saying that drivers are corrupt and cannot be loaded (video driver, anti virus and others). when i try to launch dds, an error message says that the file is corrupt and cannot be run. i tried to uninstall (via control panel) the program to try and reinstall, but i get error messages and the uninstall fails. the partition was resized, but the available space is still only 100 mb. the computer is now unusable since any program i try to launch gives error messages saying that files are corrupt. i tried launching in safe mode with the same results. is there any way to fix this without wiping the hard drive?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello thenoser,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Could you please do the following?

- Download the Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the 'report.txt' file from the floppy disk along with the link to this thread from the web-site to Acronis Customer Service.

This allow us to investigate the problem and help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    ---
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.