Disk director suit 10 installation

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by rsvraman, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsvraman

rsvraman Registered Member

Unable to complete installation and the message:

"The installer was interrupted before Acronis Disk Director Suit could be removed....."

I installed demo version of disk director suite in my vista system. I removed this by uninstall programs before installing the full version.

I have also full version of true image 11 home installed successfuly and using happily.

My registry has entries for both acronis products, true image and disk director suite.

What is the solution to my problem?

2. heanwi

heanwi Registered Member

I have the exact same problem so if there is a solution please post it.

3. rwaegema

rwaegema Registered Member

I found the following 'imperfect' workaround:

Run the install executable as 'super' administrator:
    Two ways of doing it:
    a) Right click on the icon of the installation executable and select 'run as administrator'
    b) Login with the windows administrator account after activating it trough the administrative tool / computer management/user management. You can not activate this account with the 'wizard' account ,manager and it is not the same as just marking your normal login account as being administrator (more info can be found in general windows vista forums & knowledge bases).

In both case install worked but now when you startup and login with your normal account you get a blocked startup warning for oss_reinstall.exe. You can manually start this executable after each reboot if you confirm that you trust it.

According to this forum this file is needed for OS selector because I don't use this I disabled this startup executable to not receive the warning anymore.

4. rsvraman

rsvraman Registered Member

Hello,

Your workaround is great and works for me. I had to implement both ways, sinse I login without passwrd. Probably it would have worked with the first way but I want be more secure.

however I have to start the application for administrator every time sinse I installed it for only administartor. Also I am getting the warning for os selector. I also found out total of 3 programs are blocked, Acronis scheuler helper, Acronis True image monitor and backup for acronis true image backup archive. You can view all the blocked programs in windows defender program. I haven't unblocked the above yet and am note sure of the purpose of the latter two.

Many thanks.

Venkat Raman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.