Disk Director Retial Disk Wont Boot

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Major_Disaster, May 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Major_Disaster

Major_Disaster Registered Member

Hello,

I bought both Acronis Disk Director and True Image retial versions (so i have the boxed products).

I tried to boot from both disks, to test in case of a real failure, and found that while True Image would boot, the Disk Director CD woud not, why?

It says on both disks that they are "Bootable CD" so i dont see why 1 will boot and the other wont... Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Major_Disaster,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that you can create Acronis Disk Director Bootable Rescue CD using Acronis Disk Director Suite installed under Windows. You should just use the Tools->Bootable Media Builder component of the software. Please create a new media using this component, try to boot from it and see if the issue remains.

If the issue remains with the newly created media then please describe the issue in more details. What exactly happens when you are trying to boot from it. Please let us know wether you see any error messages, please clarify the exact messages you receive, if any.

Please also let us know the exact name, version and the build number of the product. You can find the build number in the Help->About dialog when running the software installed within Windows.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. Major_Disaster

Major_Disaster Registered Member

Hello,

Sorry for my delay in replying, but i kinda gave up with this forum...

I did use the media builder and that worked, thank you, but i am quite disappointed that a feature i paid for doesnt work and i feel some how cheated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.