Disk Director Fails to Commit Partition

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by srdiamond, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srdiamond

srdiamond Registered Member

Technical support has been unresponsive, so I thought I would try the forum.

When I try to create a new partition on my notebook computer running Windows XP Pro, SP2, everything proceeds smoothly until the reboot following the choice to commit the partition. Actually, it even proceeds smoothly through all the checks and operations following reboot, until the end when it gives the message "Could not write to Disk 1, sector 0." When I choose retry, it continues to produce this message. When I choose "Ignore," it acts like it has succeeded in creating the partition, but there is in fact no partition created. Running DskChk does not resolve the problem.

Why am I unable to create this partition?

Stephen R. Diamond

2. kite

kite Guest

have no idea, but i solved a similar problem in the past by doing the partition work outside windows with the bootable rescue disc.

kite

3. teamjd

teamjd Registered Member

srdiamond,
    I have the same problem using PE 2003. I was going to upgrade to disk director, but if your having the same problem it must be something with the sp2 thing.

kite,
    The problem with working outside windows is it will work on my regular drives, but it will not recognize my SCSI drives. Before sp2 I had no problems with this software.

4. teamjd

teamjd Registered Member

Well...
    I upgraded to Disk Director 9.0 and solved all my problems including the Raid support.

It would have been nice if Acronis Support would have gotten back to me though. You would figure between leaving a post here and e-mailing support, I would get more response that the auto responder.

5. srdiamond

srdiamond Registered Member

I got some help from Acronis Technical Support. After we spend considerable time on the problem, I ultimately was able to determine that you must disable Symantec Norton GoBack to install on a disk protected by that product.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.