Disk Director doesn't support Fedora Core 3

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by TechnoJoe, Dec 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TechnoJoe

TechnoJoe Registered Member

I just got done upgrading to Disk Director 9.0 Build 524 on Windows XP SP2 to find out red dots with white x's were all over my ext3 partitions. Further inspection gives me an error message of "Unsupported file system version."

This is an "out-of-the-box" installation. I have not yet had the opportunity to do anything other than the installation of Fedora Core 3 itself.

I see two possibilities. Either:

1) My upgrade didn't go well, despite having no error messages during the upgrade.

2) Fedora Core 3 has some updated version of EXT3 that isn't yet supported by your software.

I doubt it's number one, because the partitions were created with a previous version of your software; all the Fedora Core 3 install process did was reformat them.

However, I'd be willing to go through whatever troubleshooting steps necessary to fix the problem.

This is the first real problem I have had with Acronis software in the three years I've been using it. I hope this can be resolved quickly.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

TechnoJoe

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TechnoJoe,

Thank you for using Acronis Disk Director Suite (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/).

You are completely right. Fedora Core 3 has some additional features in Ext3 file system. Our developers have developed an update for this file system but is hasn't been included into Acronis Disk Director Suite yet.

I will inform you about the new build of Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.