Disk Director Defrag vs. Windows Vista Defrag

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by sakman74, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sakman74

sakman74 Registered Member

I did a search for a comparison of windows defragmentor and disk director 10's defragmentor, but did not find any comparisons between the 2.

is the defrag tool in disk director better than the one that comes with windows ?
    i am not really interested in buying new software just to have the best defragmentor tool, but since i already have disk director 10 i wouldn't mind using it's defrag tool if it does a more thorough job than the one supplied with windows.

when i do a defrag right now, i specify the -v -w options in a command prompt window (allowing defragmentation of files smaller than 64 MB).

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

sakman74:

Disk Director does not contain its own defragmentation routine. If you run Disk Director in Windows then it will call the Windows defragmenter. At least that's what it did with Windows XP. I'm not sure what it will do if you're running Vista; never tried it.

The last post from Acronis support about this topic was a year ago and is here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=854998&postcount=2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.