Disk Director can't resize my partition

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by dleelew, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dleelew

dleelew Registered Member

New ACER PC has 300 GB Hard Disk. Three primary partitions fill HD drive. No unallocated space. I try to resize C: drive from about 140 GB to 15 GB so I can have unallocated space for more partitions. Disk Director appears to perform each step, but asks to restart before I press PROCEED. After the reboot There are no changes, no error messages. Nothing.

Thanks,
    Darris Lewis darris_lewis@sbcglobal.net

2. annemail7

annemail7 Registered Member

Sometimes Disk Director Doesn't resize things or do other stuff on the computer it's working on for me as well. But the reason for that is because you are using the computer.

Two options you could try, connect the Hard Drive to a different computer running Disk Director and resize it on there.

Or insert the original Disk Director CD into the computer before you boot. If you lost this CD you can always create a new Bootable Disk using Disk Director. From the bootable cd select the full version of Disk Director, then make your changes in there.

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

As far as I remember. You have to commit or finalize. Or whatever the verbage is. For the desired change to take place.

4. Marcus Venturi

Marcus Venturi Registered Member

I have already pressed the button with the flag to finalize my changes, but after rebooting twice and a lot of progress messages nothing happened. There seems to be a severe error in the current Disk Director release.

Another thread about that problem:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=145500

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.