Disk Director - can it recover Partition C

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Marty Isozaki, Dec 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marty Isozaki

Marty Isozaki Registered Member

I have a computer (Windows XP SP2) that will not boot from the hard disk. When I boot the computer with a Windows 98 boot floppy, the computer recognizes Drive A, but it does not recognize Drive C or any other drives. If possible, I am trying to recover a couple of files from Drive C.

Can I use Partition Recovery or any other Acronis product to make Drive C accessible again, while retaining the data on hard drive? If not, what product or program utility can I use to access Drive C again?

2. kite

kite Guest

what happened just before the machine refused to boot any further from drive c:?

3. saublebeach

saublebeach Registered Member

Re: Wish-list thread

Marty;

You can use Windows XP Recovery Console to run "fixmbr" to repair the master boot record.. use at your own risk!

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: Wish-list thread

Hello Marty,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis products (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/).

Could you please do the following?

- Download Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the report.txt file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com with the description of the situation and indicate in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Ilya Toytman.

I need to have a look at your partition structure before I advise you anything.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.