Disk Director 9.0/OS Selector & TrueImage Secure Zone

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by wilbertnl, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

So, I installed the OS Selector that comes with Disk Director 9.0 and I noticed a couple things:

- The True Image Rescue (F11) isn't available anymore, but I also can't select to start it from the Security Zone, which would be a nice feature.
    Almost any bootable OS is supported, except for Acronis True Image Rescue.

- In Windows XP Disk Management, the OS partitions are not visible anymore after installing the OS Selector.

- When I uninstall the OS Selector, the original boot.ini is not restored, some lines are commented out (';' remark), so I had to edit the file myself.

Any thoughts?

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, wilbertnl

I not sure what you are asking about? but:-
    Ti is separate product of Acronis.

I wished they [Acronis] would put Ti in with the Disk Director Suite, along with Drive Cleaner, as it save having three Bootable CD.

But it is better then it use to be with:- TrueImage, MigratEasy, Disk Editer, Patition Expert, Drive Cleaner, Recovery Expert. Six BootDisk's. o_O

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

Hello The Quest!

Sure, TI is a separate product, Microsoft Windows XP is too! :eek:
    I have installed and activated TI Security Zone and I'm able to press the F11 key to start TI right after booting the computer, from that Security Zone.

Now, when I install OS Selector, that option is gone... o_O
    What I wish for is that OS Selector recognizes the Security Zone and is able to start TI from there.

4. YvanHoe

YvanHoe Registered Member

All you have to do to re-activate True Image F11 startup option is to start the True Image from Windows, under the Tools menu, select Activate Acronis Startup Manager and the next time you start Windows the F11 option will be back.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wilbertnl,

Thank you for using Acronis products (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/).

Acronis OS Selector is able to detect Acronis Startup Recovery Manager and boot your computer into "Acronis Secure Zone". Please try to update to the latest build of Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/ and install Acronis OS Selector again. There should appear a shortcut named "Acronis Secure Zone" in the boot menu of Acronis OS Selector and you should be able to boot into Acronis True Image standalone version by selecting this shortcut.

The problem regarding partition hiding. Please go to Properties of the operating system in the boot menu of Acronis OS Selector. You will be able to unhide your partitions on the Partitions tab.

The "boot.ini" problem. When you uninstalled Acronis OS Selector you were suggested to choose the operating system to boot into after uninstalling Acronis OS Selector. All the other operating systems becomes commented in the "boot.ini" file. This is just how the product is designed.

Hopefully informed you well.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.