Disk Director 10 - PCI: Bios bug #81[000fdc80] found

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by bababear, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bababear

bababear Registered Member

I have what seems to be the common problem with DD 10 and TI (9?) where you get the "E000101F4 ... not found any hard disk drives" but when DD 10 is booting, before that error pops up I get:
    PCI: Bios bug #81[000fdc80] found
    I've searched for this particular error and nothing, so maybe I'm a first!
    The hardware I'm using is a Dell Vostro 1000 laptop (with Athlon X2 TK53) so I guess is very new (bought Aug 2007) and the problem only occurs on this laptop. My slightly older HP nc8430 (Nov 2006) seems okay.

Basically, the boot CD is from my very good IT buddy who let me review this software before I go ahead and purchase it (I don't want to buy what won't work "out of the box") or decide to wait in case it's an issue with this new hardware (not sure of chipset etc.)

I'm not sure of the build # etc. but I know it's likely from late 2006.

If someone can verify that the lastest version doesn't suffer from this issue I'm happy to buy.
    Also I'm happy to provide any info to techs on the machine (well, whatever I can) if they feel this could be a new issue.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, forgot to mention that the problem is occurring in Full Mode on DD 10 and TI. Safe Mode on DD 10 seemed to recognise my partitions ok (didn't try TI), but as I understand it, no USB drives etc will be recognised, which is not ideal for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.