Disk Copy failing with file error message

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by RichardLT, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichardLT

RichardLT Registered Member

Hi

I have been trying to copy a 70GB HDD to a 120GB HDD using Paragon Backup 10.2 Pro. The system requests a reboot to continue copying, then, when continuing after the reboot, it fails giving an error message saying there are file errors.

I have run the Hitachi Disk Integrity Utility and that shows there are sector errors (which is what I suspected and why I wanted to clone the disk). It can apparently repair the sectors, but I am likely to lose all the data on those sectors.

I tried to use a standard backup, first to an Archive, then to a capsule. Both of these failed. The first Archive version kept asking for the next Archive file location and then failing, even when I took out the Split Archive check. The second attempt just failed in a similar way.

Now most of the options for backing up have disappeared from the Software (when choosing the Advanced mode).

I suspect there might be a HDA problem, as this is an old Dell.

Any pointers would be very helpful,

Thanks

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Paragon programs can't backup\copy corrupted Hard Drives or partitions. They are sensitive to file system & HDD health.

Please try to fix file system error first:
    * open Start -Run and type CMD
    right-click found cmd.exe and select Run As Administrator
    * in the Command prompt type:
    chkdsk c: /f
    press Enter
    * This operation require restart. Schedule it to run before next system start and restart your PC.
    Repeat this operation for all partitions.

Then try to run backup. Does it work correctly?

If it still fails, please try to repair bad blocks via CHKDSK:
    * open Start -Run and type CMD
    right-click found cmd.exe and select Run As Administrator
    * in the Command prompt type:
    chkdsk c: /R
    press Enter
    * This operation require restart. Schedule it to run before next system start and restart your PC.
    Repeat this operation for all partitions.

Run backup again and check if it works.

If it still fails, the only way to get backup is to repair HDD with Hitachi utility.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.