Disk Cloning

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Donsharon, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donsharon

Donsharon Guest

I am attempting to use True Image 8.0 to clone my hard drive to a larger new HDD. The new HDD is a USB connection. After going through setup and issuing the proceed command my computer(Dell C840 Laptop) begins the reboot process, True Image then informs me the disk cannot be found, "push any Key to reboot", and then returns me to normal operation. I feel like I have just been ripped off for the price of the software. Ghost 9.0 at least produces and unbootable image! What is going on? Can this problem be corrected? How? Is this the right forum to ask for support?

Donsharon

2. Donprovo

Donprovo Registered Member

I had the same trouble. In another thread it is said you can do it by booting on the recovery cd. Read some of those discussions.

3. Donsharon

Donsharon Guest

Build 859 solved my problem. Cloned my disk this afternoon. Took 1 hr 10 minutes total time. Including removing my HDD and replacing it with the recently cloned one. All works fine! Maybe True Image Is a a good Clone software (LOL)

Donsharon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.