Disk Clone, Thanks your help in advance.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by shaobo, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaobo

shaobo Registered Member

My PC is Dell GX620, hard disk is SATA. I wanna clone my local hard disk to a new one, SATA as well, my local HD has been installed Win XP SP2. I make a bootable rescue media CD by ATI 8.0, reboot PC by the CD, when enter into Acronis screen, I tried to start clone, but it prompted me "there is no hard disk". I know that bootable CD could not recognise SATA HD. Could you experts give me some suggestion and help? thanks;)

2. emt

emt Registered Member

Hi, I'm still using the older TI 8 so TI 9 may be the same or different. Once you have downloaded the acronis program to the computer you do not have to use the boot cd for disk clone. Attach your new SATA drive to the motherboard - restart computer - open acronis from program files - Go to new disk deployment - Disk clone - Remember to chose not to delete your original drive - start disk clone and when finished switch and disconnect orig. C drive - see if computer will start with new drive - test it for a day or two while storing orig. drive - remember do not delete orig. drive until you are sure computer will restart on cloned drive.

3. shaobo

shaobo Registered Member

Thank you very much EMT!
    Why I do not use ATI v8, because application will write some keys to my Regedit, due to some reason, I need to keep OS clean. So, I choose Rescue Media CD to realise Disk Clone functionality.

I don't know whether ATI 9's rescue media cd will directly support SATA or not.

Or, anyone has other tips for ATI 8's rescue media bootable CD to support SATA.

Thanks

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello shaobo,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

First of all, please make sure the bootable CD created with the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0. You can find the build number in the Help -> About dialog (it should be a 4 digit number). To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Note that since you use an older version of Acronis True Image you should press F11 button when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears and not when the selection screen appears (Acronis True Image 8.0 Bootable Rescue CD does not have any selection screen).

If the issue persists, please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the issue appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.